Threshold Housing Link is a local, independent charity that works to positively tackle the homelessness issues. We aim to offer a holistic approach to the problems arising out of homelessness and all our charitable activities focus on assisting people who are homeless or are threatened with homelessness. All activities are undertaken to further our charitable purposes for the public benefit.
In 1972 the charity was established as The Swindon Cyrenians (AGAPE) by a group of local people, who rallied together, to provide soup to those found sleeping rough on the streets.
Over the years there have been two name changes: 1998 from The Swindon Cyrenians to Thamesdown Housing Link (THL) and then in 2004 to Threshold Housing Link (Threshold), as we are known today.
The charity has developed 6 services to meet the needs of Swindon's homeless community as identified by our own service users:
- A Street Outreach Service – facilitating a day centre for 3 sessions a week and drop-in sessions at a breakfast club and evening soup run
- A Direct Access Emergency Hostel – Culvery Court
- A Young Persons Project in two adjoining houses – Mullane House, mixed gender 16 to 21 years of age
- A Women only house – Jubilee House
- 4 general needs supported accommodation resettlement schemes
Each year over 750 people access our services for advice, support, advocacy or accommodation.
Our objects and funding assist homeless people in the town of Swindon in Wiltshire.
Threshold Housing Link is a Registered Charity No. 1017599 and a Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered at Cardiff No.1926938.